Sunday, January 27, 2008

Adam Gilchrist

It was something that no one expected. It hit the Aussie's like a bolt from the blue and I hae to accept, that I am a bit shaken too. Players like Gilly come by in international cricket once in a lifetime and as much harm they must have caused to the Indian cricket team on the playing field, I have always marvelled at his batting skills and his hand-eye coordination.

Add to that his on-field behaviour should be a lesson for the "to be cricketers" and some current cricketers out there. With 414 Test dismissals at the time of compiling this post and with one more Indian innings to go, I hope that he gets a few more. But in the same breath, I would like to mention that I hope the Indian team does not get all out.

An absolute treat to watch, he will be missed and I wish him all the very best in the next phase of his life. I hope he has a rocking tri-series against India and Sri Lanka.

Three Cheers to you Gilly.

Adam Gilchrist Career Stats

http://www.cricketnext.com/stats1/html/AC%20Gilchrist.html

No comments: